“Friar for a Day” is an opportunity for a prospective student to spend the school day at Archbishop Curley accompanying a current student to his classes, lunch and activities. Prospective students will have the opportunity to meet faculty and coaches, use the iPad in a classroom setting and experience life as a Curley Friar during their visit.
The “Friar for a Day” program will run most every Tuesday through Friday, from September through December, for eighth graders. Seventh grade students are invited to participate in Curley’s “Friar for a Day” program beginning in April. Transfer students are welcome to spend the day visiting the Curley community at any point during the school year.
When scheduling your “Friar for a Day” visit, you are welcome to request a specific freshman to be your son’s guide. If you do not have specific student in mind, the Admissions Office will assign a guide for your son based on common interests.
To get started, click here to fill out a Prospective Student Form. Once you’ve completed the Prospective Student form, you may schedule a day to visit Curley by clicking HERE. You may also call the Admissions Office (410-485-5000, ext 209) or email Ms. Kogler (firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule a visit for your son.
“Friar for a Day” Details:
- Please arrive between 7:45-8:00 a.m.
- Enter through the Main Lobby entrance
- Use the Guest Parking Lot located at the intersection of Sinclair Lane and Erdman Avenue.
- Mr. Nick Brownlee and Curley Student Ambassadors will escort both parent and son from the Auditorium Lobby to the Conference Center.
- Students are to come dressed in the Curley Dress Code: dress shirt, dress pants, dress shoes, tie/bowtie. A sports jacket is NOT required..
- Students will receive a Friar for a Day lunch voucher and will be equipped with an iPad to use for the day.
- Students will be escorted on a tour of the building @ 1:30 p.m.
- An Admissions Information Session for Parents/Guardians will be held during every “Friar for a Day” from 8:15-9:15 a.m.
“Friar for a Day” will conclude around 2:00 p.m.
Please note, in the event of inclement weather, Curley will follow the decision of both Baltimore City and Baltimore County. If either is closed, Curley is closed. If either is late, Curley opens at 10:00 am. In this case, you may still attend your "Friar for a Day" by reporting to the school at 9:45 am. Please contact the Admissions Office if you would prefer to reschedule.