THE ARCHBISHOP CURLEY HIGH SCHOOL LIBRARY
As an integral part of classroom learning, the Library is open to students and faculty for the purpose of study and research. Materials are selected to support the school's curriculum and to encourage recreational reading.
Library Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Librarian: Mrs. Ann Kennedy
Library Assistant: Mrs. Diane Hauf
To ensure the information literacy of our students by providing both physical and intellectual access to information in multiple formats, in collaboration with teachers and leaders of the school, pursuing relevancy in a changing world consistent with the values of our Franciscan education.
Facilities and Resources:
- Curriculum-based collection of more than 10,000 books, videos, DVD's, CD's, and audiotapes.
- Eleven desktop computers, with access to the internet, as well as to Microsoft Office and other applications for completing assignments.
- Three computer stations for access to our Destiny-automated online catalog of books and other library materials.
- Subscriptions to internet-based database services such as Proquest, SIRS Knowledge Source, Britannica Online, to name a few. Subscriptions are reviewed on an annual basis, added to or changed, to ensure that we provide the best information to our students.
- Lawrence Cardinal Shehan Seminar room for audiovisual instruction and small group activities.
- Coin-operated photocopy machine available for student use, subject to posted copyright restrictions.
- Soft seating in the periodical section as well as the fiction section to encourage recreational reading.
- Open access for students before and after school (7:30 - 7:55 a.m.; 2:23 - 4:00 p.m.) and during lunch periods, without need for passes.
- During the school day, individual students who come to the Library must have a pass from their teachers, to verify for Library staff that teachers know where they are.
- Day 3 & 6 all-school study periods are treated uniquely. Students must obtain blue passes from the Library at the beginning of the day to be allowed into the Library during those times. It is the ONLY time the Library issues passes, and only those students with blue passes from the Library may be released from their home rooms to go to the Library at that time. All other times, it is the teacher who provides the passes to go to the Library.
- Two weeks prior to the end of the academic year, the Library's lending services terminate to allow for the annual inventory.