MISSION 4 SERVICE
- All S-forms are subject to the approval of the FYM director or other person as appointed by the FYM director.
- No service hours will be accepted without an approved S-form.
- All students are required to present a sound reason for their choice of service on the S-form. Choices should be based on what will be required of them in completing their project.
- A list of recommended service opportunities are listed on the website.
- Service proposals should attempt to encompass one or more of the Franciscan values:
Concern for the poor and the marginalized
Care of the environment
Dedication to Christ and the Church
- Incomplete forms will not be accepted.
- Students who fail to turn in their S-form on time may not be allowed to return to school until they complete their responsibility.
Any service submitted on the V-Form which differs from the approved S-Form will not be accepted.
Any forms that have been falsified in any way will be subject to automatic Saturday detention. If a student has lied about completion of their service, they must complete that service.
If a student has not completed all service requirements by the end of the school year, he will not be permitted to move on to the next grade level until all incomplete service requirements are fulfilled.
- Students who fail to turn in their service project on time will receive an automatic 10 point deduction for lateness. They will receive an additional 10 point reduction for each week it is late. Failure to complete the service project by the last day of exams will result in a grade of “0” for their 2nd or 4th quarter religion grade. If the student has not completed the project by the last day of the semester examination period, he will still be required to complete the project in the coming semester.
- If the student has not completed the project by the end of the school year, he will not be permitted to return to Curley until all incomplete service requirements are fulfilled.