Archbishop Curley High School believes each student should be dressed and groomed in a professional manner. All clothing should be neat and in good repair. Our Dress Code and Grooming Policy is an integral part of our approach to developing young men prepared for the professional world. As such, students in violation will be issued detentions for failure to meet Curley standards.
• A collared dress shirt of a solid color (tucked in and buttoned at the neck). Writing is not permitted on the shirt or on the
undershirt. Long sleeve undershirts are not permitted.
• A tie (knotted at the neck), or bow tie
• Dress or Docker style pants of a solid color with a traditional vertical seam on the leg. Denim*, corduroy or cargo pants are
• A traditional belt (dark brown or black) and belt buckle (no large type design emblem or letters). Curley belts may be worn.
• Socks - above ankle length.
• Brown or black dress shoes without a white sole - multicolored shoes and waffle bottom shoes are not permitted. Sperry
type shoes are allowed but must be brown or black and without a white sole. Shoes must be below the ankle. Boots of any
type will not be permitted.*
• A sports coat will be required from the Feast of St. Francis to May 1, or a date set by the Administration, based on weather.
Sports coats are to be worn from 8:10 a.m. to 2:40 p.m. in communal areas, including but not limited to: auditorium,
hallways, chapel, school offices, DMRC, classrooms (at the discretion of the classroom teacher), on campus areas outside
the building. Sports coats must be a solid color and professional looking.
• Sweaters are optional but must be solid in color and professional looking. Hoodies and clothing made by Champion,
Under Armour, Nike, Reebok, Adidas, Russell, or other athletic apparel manufacturers may not be worn during the
Not allowed: Suspenders, writing/logos on outer/under garments, long sleeve undershirts, corduroy pants, cargo pants,
athletic, multi-colored, canvas, work boot, or any shoes that cover the ankle.
Hair: Must be neatly trimmed, on all sides, so the length does not exceed the top of the collar (back), the eyebrows (front),
and the top of the ear (sides).
Facial Hair: Must be clean shaven at all times (no facial hair of any kind is permitted).
Not allowed: Unconventional hairstyles (partial head shaving, lines and designs, faux-hawks, mohawks, dread locks, braids,
mullets, kruddy type or any current fad or trend) or coloring of any kind are not permitted.
Our Dress Code and Grooming Policy is an integral part of our approach to developing young men prepared for the
professional world. As such, students in violation will be issued detentions.
The full description of the Dress and Grooming Code is contained in the Student/Family Handbook online. This note simply
highlights the most important points and recent revisions. The final decision as to what constitutes acceptable dress and
grooming rests with the Assistant Principal of Student Affairs (Mr. Bowden).