Archbishop Curley High School believes each student should be dressed and groomed in a professional manner. All clothing should be neat and in good repair. Our Dress Code and Grooming Policy is an integral part of our approach to developing young men prepared for the professional world. As such, students in violation will be issued detentions for failure to meet Curley standards.
• A collared dress shirt of a solid color (tucked in and buttoned at the neck). Writing is not permitted on the shirt
or on the undershirt. Long sleeve undershirts are not permitted.
• A tie (knotted at the neck and reaches belt), or bow tie
• Dress or Docker style pants of a solid color with a traditional vertical seam on the leg. Corduroy or cargo pants
are not permitted.
• A traditional belt (dark brown or black) and belt buckle.
• Socks - above ankle length.
• Brown or black dress shoes without a white sole - multicolored shoes and waffle bottom shoes are not
permitted. Sperry type shoes are allowed but must be brown or black and without a white sole. Shoes must be
below the ankle.
• A sports coat will be required from the Feast of St. Francis to May 1, or a date set by the Administration, based
on weather. Sports coats are to be worn from 8:10 a.m. to 2:40 p.m. in communal areas, including but not
limited to: auditorium, hallways, chapel, school offices, DMRC, classrooms (at the discretion of the classroom
teacher), on campus areas outside the building. Sports coats must be a solid color and professional looking.
• After May 1, sweaters are optional, but must be solid in color. Sweatshirts, athletic pullovers, quarter-zip
pullovers, and hoodies may not be worn at any time during the school day.
Not allowed: Suspenders, writing/logos on outer/under garments, long sleeve undershirts, corduroy pants, cargo pants,
athletic, multi-colored, canvas, work boot, or any shoes that cover the ankle.
Hair: Must be neatly trimmed, on all sides, so the length does not exceed the top of the collar (back), the eyebrows
(front), and the top of the ear (sides).
Facial Hair: Must be clean shaven at all times (no facial hair of any kind is permitted).
Not allowed: Unconventional hairstyles (partial head shaving, lines and designs, faux-hawks, mohawks, dread
locks, braids, mullets, kruddy type or any current fad or trend) or coloring of any kind are not permitted.
Our Dress Code and Grooming Policy is an integral part of our approach to developing young men prepared for the
professional world. As such, students in violation will be issued detentions.
The full description of the Dress and Grooming Code is contained in the Student/Family Handbook online. This note
simply highlights the most important points and recent revisions. The final decision as to what constitutes acceptable
dress and grooming rests with the Assistant Principal of Student Affairs (Mr. Bowden).