Assistant Director of College Counseling
Archbishop Curley High School invites applications for the position of Assistant Director of College Counseling. Located in Baltimore, Archbishop Curley High School is a Roman Catholic college preparatory school rooted in the Franciscan tradition and dedicated to the development of the Curley Man who is challenged to reach his maximum academic and personal potential leading him to be a man of faith, character, discipline, and service to others.
The Archbishop Curley High School Assistant Director of College Counseling is a 10 month, full-time position reserved for one who has a strong background and is experienced in the multifaceted aspects of college counseling and college admissions. At the same time our Assistant Director of College Counseling, on a professional level, must be able to relate well with faculty, staff, students, parents, and college representatives.
• Work collaboratively with the College and School Counseling team
• Advise a caseload of students/families as they explore opportunities for life after Archbishop Curley
• This position is the primary administrator for Naviance/SCOIR
• Provide sound academic advising for upperclassmen
• Cultivate and maintain relationships with college admission professionals
• Assist the Director of College Counseling with the coordination of College Workshops
• Assist the Director of College Counseling with updating the school profile and college counseling website
• Oversee and develop effective strategies for social media
• Write thorough and personal letters of recommendation for assigned students
• Effectively advocate for each student along with articulating the mission and curriculum of Archbishop Curley High School
• Show resourcefulness and self-reliance in working without constant supervision
• Guide families through the college process with discernment and empathy
• A commitment to being knowledgeable regarding current trends in college admission
• Attend professional conferences, travel to college campuses, and promote Curley
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
• Familiarity with Naviance/SCOIR/Google platform
• Experience working in college admissions, college counseling, or related experience required
• Ability to respond effectively to the needs of a diverse student/family population
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
• Possess and exude a positive attitude and passion for education and learning
• Enthusiastic about helping teenagers and a good sense of humor
Application process: To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé via email to Jamey Becker, Director of Counseling, email@example.com.
For faculty positions:
A letter of interest and resume may be directed to the Principal.
Brian J. Kohler
Archbishop Curley High School
For other positions:
A letter of interest, and resume if available, may be directed to the Vice President for Facilities and Finance.
Applications for positions in schools may also be made through the Archdiocese of Baltimore.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
Archbishop Curley High School
3701 Sinclair Lane
Baltimore, MD 21213