Homecoming 2015 marked the date of the first induction ceremony into the Curley’s Athletic Hall of Fame. The purpose of the HOF is to honor the accomplishments of individuals who have made a significant contribution and brought recognition to athletics at Curley.
Nominations can be made by any member of the Curley Family as long as the individual meets the eligibility criteria. Self-nominations will also be accepted. Nomination forms may be submitted at any time to the Advancement Office or via online. Each year submissions handed in prior to May 15th, as well as all previous nominations, will be considered by the HOF committee. Members will be inducted annually, not to exceed five in a given year. An exception was made with the first class of inductees. The next Induction will take place at Homecoming 2019.
- All candidates must have graduated at least ten years prior to their induction.
- Coaches and other athletic supporters who are not graduates will be considered on an individual basis.
- Nominees should have received special honors or recognition for participating in one or more sports, and/or devoted time and talent to the athletic program at Curley.
- Athletic achievement after departure from Curley will also be taken into consideration.
- Potential HOF members must have conducted themselves in a manner consistent with Christian ideals and shall be exemplary adult role models in accord with the philosophy of Archbishop Curley High School.
To nominate an individual for the Curley Athletic Hall of Fame:
Download the Interactive Form
This pdf is interactive and can be filled out on the computer.
When finished, click on File…Attach To Email and you will see a box appear on the right. Click Attach.
Insert the email address of Barry Stitz (firstname.lastname@example.org) and click Send.
Download the Regular form
This form is a normal pdf.
Download the form, print it and complete the form.
Mail it to Barry Stitz at Archbishop Curley HS, 3701 Sinclair Lane, Baltimore, MD 21213
Or contact the Advancement Office and a form will be sent to you.
Deadline to nominate for the 2020 class is May 15th!
5th Class of the Curley Athletic Hall of Fame
Inducted October 19, 2019
Michael Boettcher ’98 — Wrestling, Football & Track
Bill Dawson, Athletic Director
Charles Devaud ’03 — Track & field, Indoor Track & Soccer
Dan Rose ’85 — Soccer, Golf, Football, Wrestling & Track
Phil Skalniak ’78 — Lacrosse and Football
Joe Valis ’79 — Football, Wrestling & Lacrosse