The Honors Pathway is a course of study that seeks to develop students into active listeners, effective writers and critical thinkers within the context of a rigorous academic setting.
- Has displayed a history of high level academic achievement at the middle school level.
- Has historically demonstrated the ability to score in the above average range on standardized tests and the High School Placement Test.
- Possesses above average intellectual curiosity.
- Has developed and demonstrated the work habits necessary for success in a demanding interdisciplinary setting.
- Works well in a collaborative setting within the framework of the daily classroom.
- Has exhibited a willingness to be actively involved in school life and an exemplary citizen in the school community.
- To cultivate the academic skills necessary for sustained success at the Honors level and in the university setting.
- To develop students into confident public speakers.
- To prepare students with a depth of discipline-specific knowledge for success in the collegiate environment.
- To develop students who are able to comprehend, synthesize and evaluate written material.
- To equip students with high-level mathematical skills.
- To encourage the development of students who are effective writers.
- To develop strong research skills that can be applied across academic disciplines.
- Access to an abundance of AP Level courses and Dual Enrollment offerings.
- Automatic entry into the pool of candidates for The Scholars Program.
- Exposure to a dedicated faculty, 75% of which possess advanced academic degrees.
- Exposure to various modes of cutting edge technology within the daily classroom setting.
- Opportunities for enrichment experiences during the academic year and summer.
- Access to numerous school-sponsored college trips.